Corporate Control Alert, a legal and financial dealmaking journal, has ranked Alston & Bird sixth among counsel to investment banks on M&A deals with a value of $100 million or more announced between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2016.
Alston & Bird partners Kevin Miller and Aaron Dixon, who co-head the firm’s Financial Advisors Practice, acted as counsel to the financial advisors in 16 transactions having an aggregate value of over $100 billion in 2016, including the financial advisors to:
• Praxair Inc. in connection with its publicly announced intention to merge with Linde AG in a stock-for-stock transaction valued at approximately $65 billion
• Enbridge Inc. in connection with its merger with Spectra Energy Corp. in a stock-for-stock transaction valued at approximately $28.56 billion (C$37 billion)
• Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc., in connection with its purchase of Bai Brands, LLC, for approximately $1.7 billion in cash
• EverBank Financial Corp. in connection with its acquisition by Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America for approximately $2.5 billion in cash
• Stanley Black & Decker Inc. in connection with its purchase of Newell Brands Inc.’s tools business for approximately $1.95 billion in cash
• Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. in connection with its acquisition by Eldorado Resorts Inc. in a transaction valued at approximately $1.88 billion
Alston & Bird consistently ranks among the top 10 law firms representing financial advisors in M&A deals by Corporate Control Alert, having in recent years acted as counsel to investment banks in transactions having an aggregate value in excess of $300 billion.