- Represented financial advisors in more than $100 billion of M&A transactions.
- Represented a nationwide restaurant franchise in its sale to a middle market private equity firm.
- Represented a B2B sales firm that combines specialized talent with artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities in its sale to a global professional services company.
- Represented a global solutions provider to participants in the overall automotive ecosystem in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of a computer vision company and leader in immersive vehicle imaging solutions; the sale of its joint venture interest in a company providing fleet management solutions; the sale of an international provider of dealer management systems; its investment in a car insurance company with a non-traditional, technology-driven business model; and in its acquisition of a vehicle subscription service.
- Represented a leading media company in its sales of a television station and an online video game service and in its acquisitions of a video sharing startup and a personalized news application.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of paper and building products in the sale of its engineered lumber business for $215 million.
- Represented the equity holders, including a private equity firm, in the sale of a supplier of packaging machinery and material-handling equipment.
- Represented the equity holders, including a private equity firm, in the acquisition and subsequent sale of a provider of custom design-build audio-visual integration services and digital multimedia technology.
- Represented a special committee of the board of directors of a publicly held chemical company in the company’s sale to a strategic buyer.
- Represented a Fortune 500 insurance company in its acquisition of a tenant security bond business.
- Represented a leading security services provider with more than 570,000 employees in several acquisitions, including acquisitions of an international investigative services firm and an electronic and physical security solutions provider.
- Represented a Fortune 500 financial services company in its investment in a payment solutions provider.
- Represented the world’s largest aquarium in its acquisition of a historic aquatic park and dolphin conservation center.
- Represented the majority shareholders of an insurance company in a going-private acquisition of the insurance company for $840 million.
- Represented a publicly traded holding company for a family of energy businesses in its $510 million sale to a Fortune 500 energy services holding company.
- Represented a private equity fund in the sale of its chemicals businesses to one of the largest privately owned textile companies in the U.S.
- Represented a private equity fund in a $1.2 billion going-private acquisition of a leading provider of business process outsourcing services.
- Represented an international chemical company in its $250 million acquisition of a joint venture manufacturing phosphates, phosphoric acid, and phosphorus chemicals.
Aaron Dixon is a partner in Alston & Bird’s Corporate & Business Transactions Group and co-leader of the M&A Practice Quality Team. Aaron represents public and private companies, private equity funds, and financial advisors in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, capital raises, strategic and venture capital investments, and other complex business transactions. In addition, he advises businesses on general corporate, governance, and contract matters.
Aaron is recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© in the Corporate Law category. He received his J.D., cum laude, in 2004 from Georgetown University Law Center, where he was a teaching assistant in the school’s legal research and writing program. He received a B.S. in biochemistry and molecular biology from Penn State’s Schreyer Honors College in 1999. Aaron serves on the boards of the Atlanta Bar Association’s Business and Finance and Corporate Counsel Sections.
- Georgetown University (J.D., 2004)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.S., 1999)