Mergers and Acquisitions
- Led Alston & Bird’s representation of FleetCor’s $3.4 billion merger with Comdata.
- Advised Sterling Payment Technologies LLC, an integrated payments provider, on its sale to EVO Payments International.
- Represented FleetCor in its proposed acquisition of Cambridge Mercantile Corp., a Canadian business-to-business payments company, for approximately $650 million U.S. Dollars.
- Negotiated the sale of a U.S.-based, family-owned company to a Dutch public company for $320 million.
- Advised an early-stage innovative retail services company with operations in North America and China in its sale to a private equity buyer for more than $75 million.
- Represented NOVA Corporation in a $2.1 billion merger with U.S. Bancorp.
Co-branded Card Programs and Strategic Alliances
- Led Alston & Bird’s representation of United Airlines Inc. in negotiating its co-branded card program with a division of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its card acceptance agreement with Chase Paymentech, and its incentive agreement with Visa.
- Advised a leading warehouse club in negotiating its co-branded card program with Citibank and its incentive agreement with Visa.
- Negotiated SunTrust Bank Inc.’s merchant acquiring alliance with First Data Merchant Services, a joint venture that processes more than $29 billion in card volume annually.
- Assisted a top 10 retailer in negotiating its agreements with a private label credit card program provider, First Data Merchant Services, American Express, and PayPal.