Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented Total System Services (TSYS) in its $1.05 billion acquisition of Cayan, a payment technology company with operations in the U.S. and Northern Ireland.
- Led Alston & Bird’s representation of FleetCor’s $3.4 billion merger with Comdata.
- Advised Sterling Payment Technologies LLC, an integrated payments provider, on its sale to EVO Payments International.
- Represented FleetCor in its acquisition of Cambridge Mercantile Corp., a Canadian business-to-business payments company, for approximately US$650 million.
- Negotiated the sale of a U.S.-based, family-owned company to a Dutch public company for $320 million.
- Represented payment software and security provider TrustCommerce in its sale to private equity firm Waud Capital.
- Advised an early-stage innovative retail services company with operations in North America and China in its sale to a private equity buyer for more than $75 million.
- Represented NOVA Corporation in a $2.1 billion merger with U.S. Bancorp
Co-branded Card Programs and Strategic Alliances
- Advised IKEA in launching a de novo consumer finance program and negotiated its co-branded card program with Alliance Data Systems and its incentive agreement with Visa.
- Led Alston & Bird’s representation of United Airlines Inc. in negotiating its co-branded card program with a division of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its card acceptance agreement with Chase Paymentech, and its incentive agreement with Visa.