- Representing one of the largest companies in the world and the second largest oil company in the United States by revenue in legal challenges to California’s de facto ban on well stimulation treatment operations.
- Representing a trade association of petroleum exploration, production, refining, and transportation companies in California Environmental Quality Act challenges to anti-oil and gas provisions in the Ventura County General Plan Update.
- Representing oil and gas exploration and production companies in legal challenges to the City of Los Angeles Oil and Gas Drilling Ordinance, which immediately bans new oil and gas extraction activities and requires the removal of existing operations after an amortization period.
- Represented a Fortune 10 multinational oil and gas corporation and one of the largest public companies worldwide in a challenge to a countywide ballot initiative that would immediately prohibit well stimulation and the drilling of new wells, and would impose a sunset date for the injection or impoundment of produced water. If implemented, the ballot initiative would shut down all operations in the eight-largest oil field in California. Secured a victory in the Court of Appeal.
- Represented a natural gas, oil exploration and production company, which produces nearly 25% of California’s oil and natural gas, in a legal challenge to the California Geologic Energy Management Division’s decision to subject ministerial permits to drill new wells to discretionary environmental review.
- Defended one of the world’s largest private sector energy companies against multiple lawsuits brought by various California municipalities, who were alleging claims for public and private nuisance, product liability, and deceptive sales while also attempting to shift liability for national and international climate change policy choices onto energy producers. The municipalities sought damages tied to greenhouse-gas emissions between 1965 and 2015. The client was dismissed from the lawsuits with prejudice.
- Counsel for the largest U.S. retail corporation, and largest company worldwide by revenue, defending the company against dozens of claims involving alleged exposures to heavy metals, bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalates, per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), and other Proposition 65-listed chemicals.
- Counsel for one of North America’s largest food companies, defending the company in all Proposition 65 cases.
- Counsel for cosmetic product manufacturers and retailers in multiple pending Proposition 65 lawsuits alleging exposure to airborne and unbound titanium dioxide in cosmetic products.
- Defending a real estate development company in a Proposition 65 action filed in federal court concerning alleged environmental exposures to radionuclides.
- Obtained dismissal of a Proposition 65 action against a major tool manufacturer on the grounds that Proposition 65 does not apply to indirect exposure to listed chemicals.