- Representing a developer of a mixed-use residential and commercial development in downtown Los Angeles in a lawsuit challenging the city’s CEQA review and land use approvals.
- Represented a variety of companies and joint defense groups in dozens of Proposition 65 matters, including cases involving dietary and nutritional supplements, pest control products, home furnishings, plastic and vinyl products, clothing, and alleged environmental, hotel, and occupational exposures.
- Defended the world’s largest private-sector coal company in lawsuits brought by multiple California municipalities alleging climate change tort claims and seeking compensatory damages, abatement, punitive damages, and disgorgement of profits. County of San Mateo v. Peabody Energy, et al.; City of Imperial Beach v. Peabody Energy, et al.; County of Marin v. Peabody Energy, et al.
- Represented a mining company in California’s largest groundwater adjudication. Antelope Valley Groundwater Adjudication Cases.
- Defended a major food processing company in a lawsuit alleging breach of contract and fraud claims related to alleged groundwater usage. Trust of Esther Fay Suckle, et al. v. Perdue Foods LLC.
- Represented the defendant-intervenors in two Endangered Species Act citizen suit challenges to the California WaterFix Project. Bay.org, et al. v. Zinke, et al.; Golden Gate Salmon Association, et al. v. Ross, et al.
- Represented the petitioner in NEPA, CEQA, and Endangered Species Act challenges to California’s Ten-Year Water Transfer Program. Aqualliance v. U.S. Bureau of Reclamation.
- Represented the petitioner in a CEQA challenge to a river restoration and golf course reconfiguration project in Lake Tahoe. Washoe Meadows Community v. Department of Parks and Recreation.
Land Use Experience
- Represented a homebuilding company in the CEQA review for a mixed-use development project in Monterey, CA.
- Represented an international shopping center developer in the CEQA review for a large-scale commercial development project in Los Angeles County.