- Regional counsel for a major chemical company in ongoing toxic tort litigation in several states.
- Counsel for national food product manufacturer in civil litigation for alleged property damages and personal injuries in relation to waste disposal.
- Member of the litigation team for a national service provider to health care and food industries with facilities in more than half a dozen states.
- Member of the trial team that secured a full defense verdict in a toxic tort action for a major chemical company after a two-week jury trial in Louisiana.
- Member of the trial teams that secured favorable settlements in toxic tort suits against an international automotive parts distributor after a four-week jury trial in Louisiana and a two-week jury trial in Philadelphia.
- Recovered 90% of all past and future cleanup costs, approximately $10 million, on behalf of a client following its purchase of a site with groundwater contamination caused by a prior owner’s operations in the 1970s.
- Negotiated a favorable pre-litigation cashout in response to a CERCLA contribution suit.
- Lead counsel on a national personal jurisdiction strategy on behalf of a Fortune 500 automotive parts supplier. Directed and worked with local counsel in numerous jurisdictions to secure favorable trial court and appellate rulings, culminating in a pivotal state supreme court reversal of its own prior precedent in favor of the client’s position.
- Member of the team that obtained full dismissal and affirmance on appeal for an Am Law 100 firm in the defense of fraud and malpractice claims arising from its representation of a real estate investor.
Environmental Compliance and Enforcement
- Advising an international transportation and logistics company on environmental matters throughout the country, including strategy for compliance and enforcement matters across multiple states and EPA regions.
- Representing a multinational energy and technical market service provider in a CERCLA enforcement action for legacy liabilities at a former manufacturing facility; negotiations with the EPA reduced the federal and state past response cost demand in the final consent decree by more than $1 million.