- Represented First Bancshares of Texas and FirstCapital Bank of Texas N.A. in their acquisition of FB Bancshares Inc. and its subsidiary bank, Fidelity Bank.
- Represented FIG Partners as placement agent counsel in United Bancorporation of Alabama Inc.’s $26.25 million private placement of common stock.
- Represented Bright Force Holding LLC in its acquisition of American Bank N.A.
- Represented Susser Bank Holdings LLC in its acquisition of a controlling interest in BancAffiliated Inc., the parent company of Affiliated Bank.
- Represented BancorpSouth in its $145.8 million acquisition of Icon Capital Corporation, parent of Icon Bank of Texas.
- Represented BancorpSouth in its acquisition of Dallas-based Casey Bancorp Inc., parent of Grand Bank of Texas.
- Represented BancorpSouth in its acquisition of Alabama-based Merchants Trust Inc., parent of Merchants Bank.
- Represented BancorpSouth in its $107 million acquisition of Summit Financial Enterprises Inc., the parent company of Summit Bank National Association.
- Represented BancorpSouth in its $86.7 million acquisition of Van Alstyne Financial Corporation, the parent company of Texas Star Bank.
- Represented BancorpSouth in its purchase of Ouachita Bancshares Corp.
- Represented Charis Holdings Inc. in its acquisition of Justin State Bank in Justin, Texas.
- Represented MidCountry Financial Corp., a savings and loan holding company, in the sale of its Minnesota-based subsidiary, MidCountry Bank, to MidCountry Acquisition Corp., a corporation organized by Minnesota investors to acquire the bank.
- Represented Kadokawa Corporation, a Japan-based provider of publishing, video, and cross media services, in its acquisition of a controlling interest in J-Novel Club LLC, a U.S.-based graphic novel digital publication company.
- Represented Air Water Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary Taylor-Wharton America Inc. in Taylor-Wharton America’s acquisition of substantially all the assets of Cryogenic Vessel Alternatives Inc., a Houston-based company.
- Represented an investor in its $25 million acquisition of a full-service, Texas-based bank, through which the acquirer became a bank holding company.
- Represented an independent community bank in Texas in its private placement of $45 million in shares of common stock.
- Represented multiple private investors in acquisitions of, and significant investments in, financial institutions.
- Represented community banks in various capital-raising efforts.
- Represented a regional bank in private common-stock offerings totaling $50 million.
- Advised multiple regional and community banks in necessary changes to lending practices in order to ensure compliance with federal banking laws and regulations.
- Represented a regional bank in a $40 million acquisition of another financial institution.
- Counsel to buyers and sellers of community banks nationwide.
- Counsel to several regional banks on potential charter conversions and consideration of various regulatory regimes.
- Advised numerous clients on the relevance and practical consequences of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to the banking industry.
- Served as de facto outside general counsel for several regional banks.
Patrick Hanchey counsels and represents banks and other financial institution clients in matters involving state and federal banking laws, regulations, enforcement actions, and other corporate activities, such as mergers, acquisitions, capital markets transactions, and holding company formations. Patrick regularly counsels clients on compliance with complex banking laws and regulations before entering into transactions or business activities, and he also has extensive experience in representing banks, holding companies, and individuals in enforcement actions involving state and federal regulatory bodies. Patrick also represents bank officers, directors, and shareholders in government actions and investigations.
Patrick is listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for his practice in Banking & Finance. He was recognized by Super Lawyers as a 2018 Texas “Rising Star.” He earned his J.D., cum laude, from Southern Methodist University and his B.A., magna cum laude, from Louisiana Tech University.
- Southern Methodist University (J.D., 2008)
- Louisiana Tech University (B.A., 2005)
- Southwest Association of Bank Counsel, former member of board of directors
- Texas Bar Foundation, fellow
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers