- Represented an Asian banking and financial services institution in its acquisition of an aircraft lessor from a European commercial bank for $7.3 billion.
- Represented a U.S. global energy industry investor in the establishment of a joint venture with a European company focused on environmental sustainability in the $2 billion acquisition of power assets in Mexico, Brazil, and Chile.
- Represented a publicly listed Asian telecoms company on the purchase of a German-based internationally focused IT company.
- Represented a trio of European financial services companies in the £2.2 billion purchase of one of the UK’s three major rolling stock lessors from a multinational financial services company.
- Represented an issuer on its IPO on the London Stock Exchange and on subsequent equity raisings and related activity.
- Represented a global investment manager and a global investment firm in their $4 billion infrastructure investment with a state-owned company through the purchase of a 40 percent interest in its pipeline assets in the Middle East and related joint venture arrangements.
- Represented an India-based conglomerate in its $750 million acquisition and subsequent sale of a hospitality asset in London, and in its acquisition and subsequent sale of a majority stake in a hospitality asset in New York City for $575 million.
- Represented a venture capital firm in the sale of a SaaS provider to the largest e-procurement solution provider to the UK public sector.
- Represented a consortium of investment companies based in Southeast Asia in the $2.6 billion acquisition of a controlling stake in a mining company.
- Represented a securities exchange operator in its tender offer for an interest in a UK trading technology company.
- Phone: +44 20 8161 4346
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Represented the selling shareholders in the sale of a specialist e-gaming marketing company to a publicly listed acquirer.
- Represented an investor based in Southeast Asia in the $537 million acquisition of a majority stake in a liquified natural gas power plant in Southeast Asia.
- Represented a global energy industry investor in the sale of its equity interest in certain onshore and offshore wind farms.
- Represented a U.S.-based private equity portfolio company in a joint development agreement to develop a power plant in West Africa.
- Represented numerous groups of lenders in European M&A arrangements relating to acquisition financing arrangements.
- Represented numerous private capital investors in European distressed situations (public and private).
Stuart Harray is a partner with Alston & Bird’s Corporate & Business Transactions Group and focuses his practice on international and domestic corporate law and M&A. He advises on complex, cross-border public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, equity capital markets, major projects, restructurings, corporate governance, and general corporate law matters. He has significant experience across multiple sectors and jurisdictions.
Before joining the firm, Stuart was a partner at both a London-headquartered Magic Circle law firm and another leading U.S.-headquartered law firm.
Stuart is recognized as a leading corporate lawyer with rankings in legal directories such as Chambers, Legal 500, IFLR 1000, London Super-Lawyers, and Legal Experts (Corporate, M&A).
Stuart received his LL.B., with honors, from the University of Canterbury School of Law.
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- University of Canterbury School of Law (LL.B., 1988)