High net worth families and family office organizations have unique legal needs. With a lean staff, it can be challenging to maintain trusted connections in niche areas of law across the world. Alston & Bird approaches private wealth services holistically. We understand the frustration of having to engage separate firms for different but ultimately interrelated matters. Our clients value our ability to take things off their plate and manage multiple matters across legal specialty areas.
We know the importance of discretion and your privacy. We understand one size fits all plans do not work for you.
We have the experience, bench strength, and international network to help families accomplish their goals.
Family Office Operations
For the family office enterprise, we assist with:
- Business operations
- Wealth planning
- Corporate law and M&A
- International tax and business planning
- Investment management, including fund structuring and investment reviews
- Finance and global markets
- Regulatory and tax compliance
We also advise on issues affecting the employees of family owned and closely held businesses, such as employee benefits design and regulatory compliance for businesses owned or operated by the family office.
Family-Side Office Services
For the individual family members, we advise on:
- Charitable planning
- Estate and trust planning for family members
- Family governance and business succession planning
- Individual income tax planning and tax controversy representation at the international, federal, and state and local levels
- Services for international activities