International Trade & Regulatory
- Developed and implemented export and economic sanctions compliance policies, procedures, standard work, and training programs for companies of all sizes across multiple industries.
- Guided companies through the voluntary disclosure of violations of export and economic sanctions regulations and assisted in implementing required corrective actions.
- Assisted a global transportation company with day-to-day compliance support during an ongoing Department of Commerce settlement.
- Prepared and managed dozens of complex ITAR and EAR authorizations across a variety of military programs with over 30 foreign governments.
- Guided an organization through a Department of State consent agreement by assisting with the creation of new standard work, employee training, export authorization management, and ongoing audit and self-assessment support.
- Assisted multiple companies to better understand the nexus of international trade, government contracts, and data security requirements.
- Advised clients in security clearance matters under the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Advised clients on compliance obligations under the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Advised clients on compliance with information security, cybersecurity, and data privacy requirements, including the Department of Defense regulations relating to safeguarding covered defense information and compliance with the security requirements specified by the latest FAR regulations for safeguarding federal contractor systems.
Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Represented clients across a variety of industry sectors, including financial services, payment systems, healthcare & life sciences, aerospace & defense, and SaaS companies to conduct privacy and cybersecurity due diligence reviews as part of M&A transactions.