- Defended a nationwide manufacturer of cement and concrete products against citizen suits under the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act.
- Advised a recycler of waste tires on compliance with the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
- Advised a manufacturer of automotive parts on compliance with the Toxic Substances Control Act and negotiated TSCA Consent Orders with the EPA.
- Represented a poultry processing plant in an enforcement action by the Georgia EPD and the Natural Resource Damage Assessment resulting from an accidental chemical spill.
- Advised manufacturers of consumer goods on state and federal labeling requirements.
- Represented a solar company in contract negotiations for Solar Energy Procurement Agreements with private landowners, nonprofit organizations, and municipalities.
- Represented a solar advocacy group before the Georgia Public Service Commission.
- Advised on environmental due diligence matters for acquisitions of a multithousand-acre Georgia solar farm and a multithousand-acre Texas timber farm.
- Represented a multinational manufacturer of drywall products on avoiding liability for multimillion-dollar fines under the Consumer Product Safety Act and Drywall Safety Act.
- Represented regional and national developers before municipal zoning boards across metro Atlanta, obtaining land use amendments, re-zonings, and variances for multimillion-dollar residential, commercial, and mixed-use developments; represented developers in favorable appeals of zoning decisions.
Vickie Chung Rusek is a member of Alston & Bird’s Environment, Land Use & Natural Resources Group. She represents clients in environmental compliance, enforcement, and permitting under the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Toxic Substances Control Act, and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act. She also represents clients in environmental and toxic tort litigation matters. Vickie advises clients on the acquisition and redevelopment of environmentally impacted properties, renewable energy, and sustainability initiatives including Georgia HB 57 and other solar energy incentives. Additionally, Vickie has experience representing property owners and developers before zoning boards and in zoning appeals. Vickie also assists clients with OSHA compliance and appeals, and compliance with consumer product safety laws including the Consumer Product Safety Act and Prop 65. Vickie was recognized in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© “Ones to Watch” for Environmental Law, Litigation - Environmental, and Natural Resource Law.
Vickie received her J.D. from the Emory University School of Law, where she interned for the Attorney General of Georgia and the Hon. T. Jackson Bedford, Jr. of the Fulton County Superior Court. She received her B.A. from The George Washington University.
- Emory University (J.D., 2015)
- The George Washington University (B.A., 2011)
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
- East Point Preservation Alliance, board member
- Grant Park Conservancy, governance chair (former), board member (former)