- Represented CommScope Holding Company Inc. in its $7.4 billion acquisition of ARRIS International plc.
- Represented The Carlyle Group in its $7.4 billion acquisition of Veritas, an information management system provider, from Symantec Corporation.
- Represented CommScope Holding Company Inc. in its $3 billion acquisition of TE Connectivity’s Telecom, Enterprise, and Wireless businesses.
- Represented an entity controlled by The Carlyle Group in the acquisition of the Compute business of MACOM Technology Solutions.
- Represented The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of ProKarma, a high-growth IT services firm.
- Represented Ridgemont Equity Partners in its acquisition of Dickinson Fleet Services, a technology-enabled service provider in the vehicle fleet maintenance industry.
- Represented Ridgemont Equity Partners in its acquisition of Service Management Group (SMG), a leader in customer experience, employee engagement, and brand research technology solutions and services.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in the acquisition of a Software as a Service (SaaS) provider in the travel and tourism industry and follow-on acquisition of a competitor.
- Represented clients in connection with initial and secondary public securities offerings.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in the divestiture of a fiber-optic network provider.
- Represented a private equity client in the sale of a financial software developer.
- Represented a private equity fund in a multibillion-dollar go-private acquisition of a manufacturer of telecommunications equipment.
- Represented a national provider of anesthesiology and pain management services in its sale to an NYSE-traded provider of health care professional staffing and administrative services.
- Represented a national trade show company in the simultaneous acquisition of three competitors.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a leading provider of fiber-optic wide area networks (WANs).
- Represented private equity funds in the joint acquisition of a national captive audience television network.
- Represented a commercial printing and graphic communications company in its sale to an S&P SmallCap 600 company.
- Represented a software developer in a recapitalization and strategic acquisition.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a provider of web hosting and data center colocation services.
- Represented private equity funds in the general corporate matters of their portfolio companies.
- Represented several public companies in securities law matters.
William Snyder is a partner with the Corporate & Business Transactions Group. He concentrates his practice on private equity, leveraged buyouts, growth equity investments, merger and acquisition transactions, and general corporate matters.
In addition to strategic acquisitions, equity investments, and capital raises, William’s experience includes extensive representation of private equity funds and their portfolio companies in leveraged acquisitions and divestitures.
William received his J.D., with high honors, from the University of North Carolina School of Law, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif. While in law school, he served as an editor of the North Carolina Law Review, and his student note received the 2007 William T. Joyner award for excellence in legal scholarship. He received his undergraduate degree in finance, with high honors, from the University of South Carolina Honors College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- North Carolina
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (J.D., 2007)
- University of South Carolina (B.S., 2002)
- State Bar of California
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar