Each year the firm recognizes extraordinary pro bono legal services and work in the community by our lawyers and our staff. Each year, at least three deserving individuals are selected to receive one of the firm’s Pro Bono Awards. The awards include:
Philip H. Alston, Jr. Award – Laura Komarek
F.M. Bird Award – Matthew Mamak
Britt Award – Jared Young
Awards and Recognition
At Alston & Bird we don’t engage in pro bono work for the recognition, but we are proud when we are recognized for the work we do that makes a difference in our community and in the lives of those in need.
- In People magazine’s fourth annual list of the “50 Companies That Care,” Alston & Bird ranks No. 14.
- Alston & Bird was recognized as by Fortune Magazine as a Best Workplace for Giving Back.
- Honored by the Legal Services Corporation as the Law Firm Award winner for the firm’s commitment to pro bono legal services in Georgia.
- Co-recipient of the Corporate Volunteer Council of Atlanta’s IMPACT Award.
- Celebrated by Public Counsel of Los Angeles for support tremendous support of a legal team working to address systemic consumer fraud challenges in vulnerable populations. Because of the firm’s work a clinic is being established in a south Los Angeles neighborhood.
- Winner of the 2013 Pro Bono Institute’s John H. Pickering Award recognizing the firm for its dedication and unwavering commitment to pro bono.