- Representing a man accused of attempting to assassinate a federal judge in the Middle District of Florida from pre-trial motions through a six-day jury trial, sentencing, and appeal to the Eleventh Circuit.
- Represented an academic medical center in a qui tam lawsuit resolved in a favorable settlement with the government and relator and in related open records act disputes.
- Representing a medical technology company in an ongoing qui tam lawsuit alleging various FDA violations.
- Counsel to an international construction equipment company and its domestic subsidiary in an ongoing criminal investigation of alleged EPA and other violations.
- Advised restructured hospital board members on allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, open records requests, and disputes relating to a proposed hospital acquisition.
- Representing the division of a multinational chemical corporation in an ongoing FCA investigation.
- Counsel to a domestic subsidiary of a multibillion-dollar international manufacturing company in an ongoing criminal investigation following an FDA raid.
- Secured the stay of third-party discovery of several automotive companies in multidistrict litigation.
- Counsel to a national insurance company in compliance with an assurance of discontinuance under close supervision of a state attorney general.
- Defended a regional bank against a qui tam suit based on alleged fraud relating to HUD loans.
- Lead associate in the ongoing defense of federal antitrust grand jury and foreign competition law investigations, including managing and coordinating foreign counsel; collection, analysis, and production of documents in multiple languages; and interviews of employees and witnesses around the globe.
- Lead associate in the ongoing representation of corporate defendants in multidistrict class action antitrust litigation, including negotiation of favorable settlements with each class of plaintiffs.
- Represented a national health insurance company in litigation concerning the procurement of a multibillion-dollar set of state employee health benefits contracts.
- Counsel to a national insurance company in a contract dispute with a provider hospital; obtained summary judgment before the arbitration hearing.
- Defended a health care provider against a second-filed qui tam relator’s motion for attorneys’ fees, costs, and expenses.
- Counsel to a major national bank in numerous actions filed throughout California alleging unfair debt collections practices (FDCPA, Rosenthal Act, TILA, FCRA).
- Appointed three times by the Eleventh Circuit to represent pro se appellants, securing reversal of dismissal and remand following briefing in one case, and twice granted oral argument.
Meredith Jones Kingsley is a partner in the Litigation & Trial Practice Group. She focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and representing corporations in government and internal investigations. Meredith serves clients in a variety of industries, including automotive, health care, and banking.
Meredith has extensive experience defending companies against qui tam litigation and associated government investigations and representing domestic and foreign companies in investigations by the Department of Justice, U.S. Attorney’s offices, and foreign competition authorities. Meredith has experience representing clients in state and federal courts and arbitration. She served as appointed co-defense counsel in a federal murder trial. Meredith’s other litigation and trial experiences include preparing witnesses for depositions, government interviews, and arbitrations; appearing for and arguing on behalf of clients in all phases of an auto parts multidistrict litigation (MDL) proceeding; and arguing two appeals before the Eleventh Circuit.
Before joining Alston & Bird, Meredith served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jennifer B. Coffman of the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky. She received her J.D. in 2009 from Wake Forest University School of Law, where she was symposium editor of the Wake Forest Law Review. Meredith earned her B.A., cum laude, in international business administration from Rhodes College in 2005 and a graduate diploma in commerce from Victoria University in Wellington, New Zealand.
- Wake Forest University (法學博士, 2009)
- Victoria University of Wellington (NZ) (GDipCom, 2006)
- Rhodes College (學士學位, 2005)
- Georgia Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Sixth and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals
- Wake Forest University Law School Rose Council (young alumni board)
- Shepherd Center Society, 2017 Summer in the City co-chair