- Counsel to a wide range of health care providers on a variety of federal and state regulatory, compliance, transactional and government investigation matters.
- Counsel to numerous providers, including hospitals, physician groups, home health agencies, hospices and skilled nursing facilities in internal investigations, government enforcement actions and qui tam litigation.
- Counsel to health care providers that submitted self-disclosures to CMS, the OIG and the state Medicaid Inspectors General.
- Counsel to private equity firms and other health care industry clients in the analysis of health care regulatory issues related to strategic joint ventures and other complex transactions.
- Counsel to health care industry clients on compliance plan development, implementation and auditing.
- Counsel to health care providers and private equity firms on compliance risk assessment and the integration of newly acquired businesses.
- Counsel to entities subject to HIPAA and HITECH Act regulation on compliance, breach assessment and disclosure to the OCR.
For more than 20 years, Dawnmarie has advised health care clients on complex regulatory issues, including Stark Law and AntiKickback compliance. She also counsels clients facing government investigations and other enforcement actions to mitigate risks and help resolve active matters. She serves as Alston & Bird's HIPAA privacy officer and counsels clients on HIPAA compliance and breach response.