The DOJ recently announced that electronic health records (EHRs) will be a top target area for False Claims Act (FCA) enforcement in 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic has only further increased the use of EHR technology. In this second webinar of a two-part series, we will address what’s ahead for EHR compliance, including:
- The impact of expansive new rules governing information blocking and interoperability.
- Negotiating and contracting with health IT vendors.
- Diligence considerations for transactions involving EHR vendors or providers using EHR technologies.
- CMS’s work with Health Level Seven (HL7) and to exploring use cases for EHRs for various burden reduction use cases.
- How EHRs are being used as part of disease surveillance/COVID-19 response.
Login information will be provided to participants before the program. To RSVP, click here.
These programs are provided as a complimentary service to clients and friends of Alston & Bird. CLE credit is provided for Georgia, Texas, California, New York, Pennsylvania, and Missouri. Additional states may be available upon request.
Questions? Contact Lindsey Fisher at email@example.com or 212.210.9445.