Making the Grade: Strategies for Success in Higher Education
Join us in-person for an afternoon focused on navigating challenges across the higher education landscape. We look forward to connecting with higher education leaders including presidents and their leadership teams, trustees, and in-house counsel. Subject matter experts will delve into the higher education regulatory landscape, options for strategic and transactional initiatives, corporate governance best practices, insurance concerns, and trending issues in data privacy and cybersecurity.
Introductions and Welcome – 1:00 – 1:05 p.m.
- Terance A. Gonsalves, Partner, Alston & Bird
Key Government Regulators in Higher Education – 1:05 – 1:50 p.m.
- Moderator: Derin Dickerson, Partner, Alston & Bird
- Dr. Belle S. Wheelan, Ph.D., President, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Samir Kaushal, Assistant U.S. Attorney and Deputy Chief of Complex Frauds and Cybercrime; United States Attorney's Office, Northern District of Georgia
- Sonny Ramaswamy, President, Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
Corporate Governance in Higher Education: What to Watch Out for in 2023 and Beyond – 1:55 – 2:40 p.m.
- Moderator: Cara M. Peterman, Partner, Alston & Bird
- Dr. Tiffany Masson, Psy. D., President and Chief Executive Officer, Kansas Health Science Center
- Jennifer Ervin, General Counsel, Clark Atlanta University
- Stephen C. Robinson, Board of Trustees, Cornell University
Fireside Chat: Is Anything Safe Anymore? Best Practices for Cybersecurity – 2:50 – 3:35 p.m.
- Moderator: Terance A. Gonsalves, Partner, Alston & Bird
- Dr. Ravi Pendse, Ph.D., Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer, University of Michigan
Fireside Chat: Ensure that Your School is Insured: Current Risk and Insurance Claim Trends – 3:40 – 4:15 p.m.
- Moderator: Debbie Jones, Partner, Alston & Bird
- Frank D. Cella, Managing Director, National Leader, Education Consortia Practice, Marsh
The ABCs of Strategic Transactions in Higher Education – 4:20 – 5:05 p.m.
- Moderator: Deborah G. Solmor, General Counsel, TCS Education System
- Dr. Michael Horowitz, Ph.D., President, TCS Education System
- Robert Spencer, Principal, Huron Consulting Group
- Jeremy Polster, Vice President, Goldman Sachs
- Joe Sallustio, Senior Vice President, Lindenwood University
Cocktail Reception – 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
This program is provided as a complimentary service to clients and friends of Alston & Bird. CLE credit will be applied for where applicable. Additional states may be available upon request.
Please contact Jacob Greifinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +1 404 881 7907.