Alston & Bird has been named a top 2021 legal adviser for M&A transactions by number of deals for bank and thrift; asset management, investment banks, brokers, and capital markets; and specialty finance and mortgage REIT.
In 2021, S&P Global reports that Alston & Bird advised on 26 deals for asset management, investment banks, brokers, and capital markets with a total disclosed value of $1.36 billion, placing the firm No. 1 in that category. The firm also placed No. 3 in bank and thrift M&A transactions, advising on 13 deals with a total disclosed value of $4.182 billion, and No. 4 in specialty finance and mortgage REIT, advising on three deals with a total disclosed value of $1.317 billion.
Included among last year’s qualifying deals in which Alston & Bird served as an advisor are:
- BancorpSouth Bank’s $2.7 billion merger with Cadence Bancorporation
- Happy Bancshares’ $919 million merger with Home BancShares
- FirstCash Inc.’s $1.17 billion acquisition of American First Finance Inc.
- Ready Capital’s acquisition of credit funds from MREC Management for $550 million
- WestEnd Advisors $480 million sale to Victory Capital