- Advising clients on the impact of coronavirus on financing and cross-border acquisitions, joint ventures, supply arrangements, and strategic partnerships.
- Representation of one of the top five U.S. financial institutions in establishing, de novo, a licensed banking institution in Europe; the regulatory and tax driven restructuring of its pan-European operations (with substantial physical operations in Belgium, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain and the United Kingdom); and preparing various business lines for roll-out within all the countries of the European Economic Area.
- Representation of the purchaser in the acquisition of a European division from the world's then-largest financial institution. This division conducted business across Europe with physical operations spread over four jurisdictions.
- Representation of a financial services provider’s initial entry into the Mexican marketplace via establishment of a complex strategic alliance utilizing a novel tax structure with an established Mexican financial institution.
- Representation of one of the world's largest financial institutions in the development of its multinational commercial card program documentation, including customer and cardholder agreements for use in multiple countries.
- Representation of a top-five U.S. financial institution in the establishment and rollout of its European commercial card program, including negotiation of third-party network issuance and processing agreements.
- Representation of a top-five U.S. merchant acquirer in multiple bank merchant portfolio acquisitions.
Health Care Payments
- Representation of multiple health and benefit card issuers in their analysis of the impact of the Durbin Amendment to the Dodd-Frank Act and the Federal Reserve Board's implementation of Regulation II.
- Representation of financial institutions, third-party administrators and other interested parties in the strategic evaluation of opportunities in the U.S. health insurance exchange market.
- Representation of financial institutions, merchant acquirers and financial technology companies regarding the impact of HIPAA and the HITECH Act on payment transactions and related financial technology.