Antitrust and Licensing
- Prosecuting monopolization claims against Keurig Green Mountain on behalf of McLane Company Inc. in U.S.-based multidistrict litigation (MDL).
- Counsel to a major chicken producer defending allegations that the poultry industry engaged in a conspiracy to reduce output and manipulate price indexes.
- Resolved claims in MDL and in international arbitration on behalf of a Fortune 50 company victimized by a worldwide conspiracy to fix the price of lithium-ion batteries.
- Defended a major pharmaceutical company in a case involving antitrust claims arising out of a patent license dispute.
- Counsel to one of the world’s largest wireless equipment manufacturers in a series of international disputes over the licensing of wireless technologies in ICC arbitration, the International Trade Commission, and federal courts across the country.
Consumer Protection, Privacy & Data Security
- Defeated class certification and won summary judgment on behalf of a Fortune 1000 retail company accused of privacy violations.
- Obtained dismissal of a class action brought against an international payment processing company following a data breach.
- Defended a Fortune 50 retail company against multiple class action lawsuits following a major data breach. The matter was settled on terms favorable to our client.
- Counseling clients subject to requests for information and investigations by the Federal Trade Commission, U.S. Department of Justice, and various state agencies.