- Defended a hospice company in a government investigation and follow-on False Claims Act litigation, raising theories of improper admissions, medical necessity, and violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute and hospice regulations. After persuading the government against intervention, obtained partial dismissal of the complaint, before winning summary judgment on all claims against four qui tam relators in a closely watched case that traveled up to the U.S. Supreme Court and back.
- Representing hospitals and health care systems, academic medical centers, and post-acute and ancillary services providers in government investigations and False Claims Act litigation throughout the country.
- Awarded summary judgment in multiple FCA cases involving health care and accreditation fraud theories.
- Obtained dismissal of FCA complaints against hospitals, home health care providers, and hospice providers in various federal jurisdictions.
- Representing a Fortune 100 company in a criminal HIPAA investigation; obtained declination of prosecution.
- Representing one of the country’s largest postsecondary education providers in FCA litigation.
- Representing multiple clients in voluntary disclosures under the HHS-OIG Self-Disclosure Protocol.
- Representing retailers and restaurant groups in investigations and FCA litigation arising under unclaimed property laws.
- Representing an individual in a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing related to the alleged firing of U.S. attorneys and political hiring at the Department of Justice.
- Representing a publicly traded health care company in a congressional investigation into alleged billing fraud.
- Developing compliance programs for clients in the health care and technology space, with emphasis on compliance under the FCA and FCPA.
- Phone: +1 404 881 4753
- Email: email@example.com
Jason defends clients in high-stakes government enforcement actions and complex regulatory disputes. As chair of the firm’s Health Care Litigation and False Claims Act Teams, he has achieved significant victories against whistleblower litigation and government investigations across the health care space and a variety of other regulated industries.