- Represented CommScope, a global network infrastructure provider, in its $7.4 billion acquisition of ARRIS International plc.
- Represented The Carlyle Group in its $7.4 billion acquisition of Veritas, an information management system provider, from Symantec Corporation.
- Represented the Ali Group, a global leader in the foodservice equipment industry, in its $3.4 billion acquisition of Welbilt, Inc.
- Represented the Ali Group, as parent of Welbilt, Inc., in its $1.6 billion sale of Manitowoc Ice, a provider of commercial ice makers, to Pentair plc.
- Represented Pamlico Capital in its sale of and reinvestment in Clarity Telecom d/b/a Vast, a broadband communications platform focused on providing Internet, cable television, and telephone services.
- Represented Ridgemont Equity Partners in its sale of Munch's Supply, a leading wholesale distributor of HVAC equipment.
- Represented sponsors of, and investors in, hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, real estate funds, funds of funds, crypto funds, and secondaries.
- Advised several large multinational companies on restructuring projects in Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, Central America, South America, and Oceania.
- Assisted several multinational companies in implementing complex intercompany agreements.
- Advised various insurance companies with coverage for specified tax risks.
- Represented oil and gas companies in strategic joint ventures.
- Phone: +1 704 444 1272
- Email: email@example.com
Danny Reach is a partner in the Federal & International Tax Group. He regularly structures and advises on mergers and acquisitions and fund formations and investments. He also advises clients on tax matters relevant to cross-border financings and restructurings, structured finance transactions, and securitizations. He frequently speaks and writes on emerging tax issues and serves as co-chair of the ABA Tax Section’s Committee on Sales, Exchanges, and Basis. Danny was identified by The Best Lawyers in America© as “One to Watch” in Tax Law.
Danny received an LL.M. in taxation from New York University, where he served as graduate editor on the Tax Law Review and received the Nina N. Werblow Tax Fellowship. He received a J.D., with honors, from Emory University, where he earned the 2012 Georgia Federal Tax Conference Award and served as editor-in-chief of the Emory Law Journal. He also received a B.S. and an M.Acc. from the University of Florida and is a Certified Public Accountant (inactive).
- North Carolina
- New York
- New York University (LL.M., 2013)
- Emory University (J.D., 2012)
- University of Florida (M.Acc., 2009)
- University of Florida (B.S., 2009)
- ABA Tax Section, Committee on Sales, Exchanges, and Basis, co-chair