- Obtained regulatory approval for LHC Group Inc.’s $1.8 billion merger of equals with Almost Family Inc., creating the leading in-home health care provider in the U.S. with more than 780 locations in 36 states.
- Represented Columbus Regional Healthcare System, in obtaining antitrust approval for Columbus Regional Healthcare System’s membership substitution transaction with Piedmont Healthcare Inc., pursuant to which Piedmont assumed control of the largest local health organization in Columbus, GA.
- Represented Boral Limited, a leading global building materials supplier, in obtaining unconditional Hart–Scott–Rodino clearance for its $2.6 billion acquisition of Headwaters Inc.
- Obtained antitrust clearance for Savannah, GA-based Memorial Health Inc.’s sale of substantially all its assets to HCA Management in a deal valued at more than $450 million.
- Represented American Proteins Inc. in its $800 million sale of substantially all its assets to Tyson Foods Inc., obtaining unconditional clearance for the transaction that combined the two largest poultry rendering companies in the U.S.
- Obtained regulatory clearance, without conditions, for First Cash Inc.’s $2.4 billion merger with Cash America Inc., which created the largest operator of retail pawn stores in the U.S.
- Obtained clearance for the $200+ million sale of a leading building supply manufacturer’s operating unit to a competitor, with no divestitures.
- Represented TSYS Inc., a leading global payments solutions provider, in obtaining clearance for its acquisition of Cayan Inc., a payment technology company, in a transaction valued at $1.05 billion.
- Represented a leading European specialty aluminum company in securing antitrust clearance for a $330 million asset acquisition from a major U.S. aluminum manufacturer.
- Representing an industrial company in a Department of Justice inquiry investigating potential “no-poach” agreements between employers.
- Representing a leading health-services company in a multistate antitrust and consumer protection investigation relating to pharmaceutical pricing.
- Represented a former telecommunications executive and potential target in a Department of Justice investigation into alleged Sherman Act violations.