- Represented domestic and foreign companies in antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings before the U.S. Department of Commerce and International Trade Commission, including investigations, administrative reviews, sunset reviews, changed circumstances reviews, and scope inquiries, and in litigation before the U.S. Court of International Trade and the Federal Circuit.
- Counseled clients in trade remedy proceedings such as Section 232 actions on aluminum and steel imports, Section 301 actions on Chinese products, and Section 201 (safeguard) actions.
- Counseled clients in customs compliance matters and advocated for clients in proceedings before U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) involving forced labor compliance and enforcement, tariff classification, valuation, country of origin, ruling request, protest, voluntary disclosure, penalty, and liquidated damages matters; focused assessment audits; and free trade agreements. Advised clients on import compliance program design and self-audit.
- Conducted international trade and anticorruption due diligence in mergers and acquisitions.
- Advised domestic and foreign companies on compliance with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions.
- Represented exporters facing Department of Justice (DOJ) subpoenas and Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) enforcement settlement negotiations, and assisted clients with license applications.
- Assisted clients with CFIUS reviews and related due diligence matters in foreign investments and mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented both complainants and respondents in Section 337 investigations based on patent infringement and trade secrets.
- Phone: +1 202 239 3490
- Email: email@example.com
Domestic and foreign companies facing trade compliance challenges and litigation matters can rely on Lian's years of experience providing practical, creative, and cost-effective representation and advice to help them solve their cross-border issues. Regularly serving the needs of international companies, clients value her ability to communicate across cultures.