Business Transactional and Corporate Services Support
Alston & Bird has experienced attorneys and financial professionals available to provide document review and other due diligence support, as well as general assistance on transactional and litigation matters. Engaging Alston Financial Consulting Services personnel for transactional work offers corporate counsel the flexibility to address large or small projects or variable staffing needs in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Our financial consulting services professionals are able to assist or augment corporate practice groups by providing value-added financial input for many tasks critical to legal teams, giving corporate counsel a practical and competitive tool to address the diverse business and legal needs of corporations.
Alston Financial Consulting Services is composed of accounting and finance professionals, all certified public accountants, who have substantial experience as members of top accounting firms or in corporate finance and accounting functions. These resources are available to tackle a wide range of transactional issues while keeping your costs in check. Our team has been engaged in diverse matters such as:
- M&A disputes and assistance in devising position arguments
- Business valuations or damages calculations
- Accounting and finance issues and arbitration or mediation assistance
- Construction of accounting- and finance-based defense strategies in securities and other litigation matters
- Expert counsel in the preparation of deponents on accounting and finance issues
- Real-time assistance in depositions and trials on accounting and finance matters
- Analysis and translation of financial data for decision making
Our financial consulting services team also provides assistance in conducting forensic investigations in accounting and finance matters arising through whistleblowers or SEC/DOJ-initiated investigations, researching accounting theory in accounting literature to provide advice to counsel in litigation, and assisting counsel in offering guidance to clients in accounting and finance matters.