Experienced Multidisciplinary Collaboration
Alston Discovery is a close collaboration of experienced litigation attorneys, legal technology professionals, and financial/accounting consultants. We are led by three litigation and e-discovery partners with decades of experience in high-profile legal matters. Alston Discovery reviews are managed by full-time staff attorneys who deploy state-of-the-art technology, tested protocols, and project management tools to drive accurate, cost-effective results without sacrificing quality. These staff attorneys manage and lead dedicated teams of project attorneys employed directly by Alston & Bird. All our document review attorneys have a singular focus in e-discovery, and many have been employed with us for more than 10 years. They are rigorously screened, including comprehensive background and conflict checks, and undergo a thorough training program and performance monitoring.
This legal team works hand in hand with our own technology professionals who provide thoughtful, proactive consulting and technical project management. These technology professionals have decades of experience working with Fortune 50 companies, industry-leading e-discovery vendors, and legal technology startups. All our technology professionals are Certified Relativity Administrators, and members of the team also hold credentials in analytics and project management as well. Our technology team director is a Certified Relativity Master. These technology professionals are embedded in your matters to provide insight into all steps in the e-discovery cycle, from strategy and budgeting through preparation for trial.
For matters presenting complex financial and accounting issues, we also employ three CPAs, all formerly with Big Five accounting firms, who can analyze financials, model damage calculations, help prepare financial witnesses for depositions, and evaluate expert reports and testimony.
Gold-Standard Technology, Know-How, and Security
With an on-premise license for Relativity, all your matters have access to cutting-edge technology in a secure data environment. We are ISO 27001 certified and employ a full-time Relativity environment administrator to keep our platform running at peak efficiency and effectiveness. Alston Discovery delivers at no extra charge the complete suite of Relativity analytics tools so you never have a paywall between your data and the most efficient and effective review strategies. We are adept at the use of continuous active learning, email threading, clustering, conceptual searching, and domain analysis to cull, analyze, and defensibly reduce the data set for attorney review, lowering overall total review time and cost. Outside the litigation context, we employ the latest technology and proven protocols and workflows to assist with internal investigations, FTC/DOJ second requests, contract reviews, data-breach analyses, and due-diligence matters. We can provide trusted legal and technology recommendations on internal compliance programs, policy development, and retention guidelines.
No matter the context, we believe in measuring twice and cutting once: We use technology to conduct an early case assessment and test our data-culling strategies. We insist on transparent budgeting from the outset and adjust and communicate our cost estimates in real time as decisions are made and more is learned about the case so you’re never caught flat-footed. Our dashboard reporting and “after action” reports allow us to identify trends or potential roadblocks and meet your internal metrics reporting requirements. By using tested protocols and best practices, we reliably deliver process integrity, defensibility, and consistent results time after time. Alston Discovery views each matter as a partnership involving your legal and IT personnel, our lawyers, and the Alston Discovery technology and financial professionals.
Our Core Competencies
With our extensive experience and multidisciplinary team, Alston Discovery stands ready to handle any data-driven challenge you may face. Our Alston Discovery professionals are proficient at:
- Managing ESI and document review using appropriately tasked attorneys and litigation professionals for large and small matters.
- Preparing budgets and estimates and utilizing dashboard reporting and “after action” reports to make legal spend predictable and provide valuable institutional knowledge for future matters.
- Providing legal and technology support for investigations, due diligence, contract reviews, FTC/DOJ second requests, and data-breach analysis.
- Providing advice on cross-border discovery issues and structuring workflows to ensure compliance with EU and country-specific regulations and best practices.
- Managing multilingual reviews and foreign-language translation matters.
- Drafting and negotiating ESI protocols, confidentiality agreements, Rule 502(d) orders, and discovery schedules.
- Providing you with access to a dedicated team of financial and accounting analysts available to consult on accounting/financial issues in your matter or investigation.
- Advising on data preservation, data governance, and litigation hold policies.
- Providing experienced guidance on policy development for email, instant messaging, “bring your own device,” and social media usage.