- Representing private equity firms in structuring mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions, including drafting and negotiating deal documentation.
- Advising insurance companies regarding coverage for specified tax risks including those related to renewable energy tax credits, tax risks associated with M&A transactions, tax risks based on an organization’s operational history, and representations and warranties coverage.
- Providing tax structuring advice to private funds engaged in onshore and offshore investments, including investments in digital currencies, real estate, commodities, and equities.
- Represented the Ali Group, as parent of Welbilt, Inc., in its $1.6 billion sale of Manitowoc Ice, a provider of commercial ice makers, to Pentair plc.
- Represented The Carlyle Group and its portfolio company PK Global, a customer experience engineering firm, in the $1.575 billion sale of Carlyle’s majority stake to Concentrix Corporation.
- Represented Ridgemont Equity Partners in its acquisition of Kansas City, MO-headquartered eShipping, a leading, tech-enabled, non-asset-based provider of managed transportation services to mid-sized shippers.
- Represented private equity firm Pamlico Capital in its sale of Veson Nautical, a provider of technology for commercial freight management.
- Represented TrueCar, a leading automotive digital marketplace, in its acquisition of Digital Motors, an automotive retail and financial technology platform company.