Private Equity Transactions
- Represented more than 1,000 physician owners of Summit Health and CityMD, in a $9 billion sale to VillageMD, which is majority owned by Walgreens and included an investment by Cigna. The transaction created one of the largest independent health care provider groups in the United States.
- Represented physician practice groups in various divestitures, including cardiology, gastroenterology, urology, behavioral health, and dermatology practices.
- Represented private equity sponsors in various acquisitions, including medical spas, dental practices, ophthalmology practices, orthopedic group practices, pharmacy benefit managers, ambulatory surgery centers, telecom service providers, and FDA-regulated manufacturing companies.
- Represented a private equity-backed urgent care platform in a joint venture with a hospital system.
- Represented a client in carve out asset sale of a life sciences business to a private equity sponsor-backed acquiror.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in a $2 billion divestiture of a majority stake in a software company.
Capital Markets and Publicly Traded Company Transactions
- Represented a publicly traded strategic buyer in the acquisition of medical device company.
- Represented publicly traded waste management company in its $966 million acquisition of an environmental services company.
- Represented publicly traded investment fund in its acquisition of another publicly traded fund, with combined entity totaling more than $8 billion in invested assets following the transaction.
- Represented various investment funds in their combination merger transaction to create the second largest business development company by assets under management, and subsequent listing of the combined company’s shares on the NYSE.
- Represented various publicly traded companies, including investment funds and health care companies, in various corporate governance matters, restructurings, and Securities and Exchange Commission filings.