- Independent review organization and outside reviewer involving reviewing a major pharmaceutical company’s systems, policies, and procedures pursuant to the terms of company’s corporate integrity agreement.
- Achieved dismissal with prejudice of a qui tam case filed against a hospital alleging that the hospital violated the False Claims Act by billing Medicare for services that were part of a clinical trial.
- Counsel to numerous hospitals and public health care and pharmaceutical companies in internal investigations, government enforcement actions, and qui tam litigation.
- Negotiated the favorable settlement of many investigations and terms of corporate integrity agreements, including the first to mandate the use of the case management protocol.
- Counsel to one of the nation’s largest pharmacy benefits managers in several cases involving any-willing-provider laws. Obtained complete dismissal of claims in state appellate court and federal district court.
- Representing a managed care company in antitrust litigation involving allegations of price fixing and market monopolization.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of the audit committee of a public company involving potential whistleblower claims. The SEC terminated its investigation without taking any enforcement action.
Wade's certification in healthcare compliance gives her a practical advantage in helping clients to navigate the complex terrain of health care law. She often conducts internal investigations on behalf of industry clients, and defends them against government investigations, whistleblower actions and False Claims Act suits.