Thirteen Alston & Bird attorneys have been named “IP Stars” by Managing Intellectual Property in its 2018 rankings of the world’s leading intellectual property (IP) practitioners and practices.
The publication also ranked several Alston & Bird IP practices as leaders nationally and at the state level.
Both the individual attorney and practice rankings are derived from client and peer recommendations and research across more than 80 jurisdictions worldwide.
The Alston & Bird attorneys named “IP Stars” are:
- Martha Barber: Trademark (North Carolina)
- Keith Broyles: Patent (Georgia)
- Michael Connor: Patent (North Carolina)
- Jason Cooper: Patent (Georgia)
- Patrick Flinn: Patent (Georgia)
- Guy Gosnell: Patent (North Carolina)
- James Harvey: Patent and Trademark (Georgia)
- John Haynes: Patent (Georgia)
- Robert Lee: Patent (Georgia)
- Rick McDermott: Patent and Trademark (North Carolina)
- Michael Newton: Patent (Texas)
- Scott Pivnick: Patent and Trademark (District of Columbia)
- David Stewart: Trademark (Georgia and Australia)
Nationally, the following Alston & Bird IP practices are recognized:
- Life Sciences: Notable
- Copyright: Notable
- ITC Litigation: Tier 2
- Patent Contentious: Tier 3
- PTAB Litigation: Tier 3
- Trademark Contentious: Notable
The Alston & Bird IP practices ranked statewide are:
- California – Patent Contentious: Recommended
- Georgia – Intellectual Property: Highly Recommended
- North Carolina – Intellectual Property: Highly Recommended
- Texas – Intellectual Property: Highly Recommended
Published by Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, Managing Intellectual Property is the leading source of news and analysis on intellectual property worldwide.