- Advising clients on compliance with reporting and attestation requirements for the federal Provider Relief Fund enacted in response to COVID-19.
- Assisting clients with preparing and submitting requests for Section 1135 waivers issued during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Advising health system clients on the application and implementation of Stark Law blanket waivers in the wake of COVID-19.
- Representing hospitals, health systems, physician groups, and other health care providers in operational and regulatory matters, including arrangements that implicate the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Assisted in drafting legislation in Georgia, including legislation related to Medicaid care management organizations.
- Representing device manufacturers and suppliers in the preparation and implementation of discounting and supply agreements.
- Conducting internal compliance investigations for a variety of health care providers.
- Participating in government investigations with a focus on billing issues and physician relationships.
- Representing clinical research sponsors, sites, physician-investigators, and contract research organizations in drafting and negotiating clinical trial agreements and related fraud and abuse analyses.
Leader of the Health Care Regulatory Team
Health care providers and suppliers call on Rob for innovative and practical strategies in operational and regulatory matters including fraud and abuse, compliance investigations, and reimbursement questions. His clients include entities such as health systems, AMCs, and other companies that operate in the health care industry. Rob was named a Best Lawyers 2020 Health Care Lawyer of the Year.