Two hundred and forty-two Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, and 99 firm attorneys have been selected for the second edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.
The Best Lawyers ranking includes 39 who earned first-year honors. The lawyers span the firm’s 10 U.S. offices and represent 69 practice areas.
Named “Lawyer of the Year” are the following Alston & Bird attorneys, who reflect a broad spectrum of experience – from strong up-and-comers to partners capping a long and distinguished career:
- Adam Biegel: Litigation - Antitrust (Washington, D.C.)
- Nicki Carlsen: Litigation - Land Use and Zoning (Los Angeles)
- Dennis Garris: Corporate Governance Law (Washington, D.C.)
- John Jordak: Litigation - Securities (Atlanta)
- David MacCuish: Energy Law (Los Angeles)
- Mike Newton: Trade Secrets Law (Dallas/Fort Worth)
- Ben Pleune: Litigation - Patent (Charlotte)
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch highlights lawyers who have been in private practice for between five and 10 years. The 99 Alston & Bird attorneys included here span eight U.S. offices and represent 32 practice areas.
Please see here for a complete list of Alston & Bird attorneys recognized in this year’s Best Lawyers and Ones to Watch.
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers is the world’s oldest peer-review attorney guide. For the 2023 edition, attorneys cast more than 12.2 million votes on the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same legal practice and geographical region.