Technology, Data Breach, and Privacy Litigation
- Represented one of the world’s largest social media companies and its officers and directors in multidistrict securities class actions and shareholder derivative suits in claims arising from its initial public offering.
- Represented a health care technology company in shareholder derivative suits and purported class actions arising from a data breach.
- Represented a Fortune 50 telecommunications company in complex litigation related to its services in New York City.
- Defending a major telecommunications company in multidistrict litigation arising from a data breach.
- Representing the founder of a blockchain cybersecurity company in litigation under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA).
- Advising a major technology company on a response to CFAA claims.
- Litigated dozens of CFAA cases as a federal prosecutor, including a successful CFAA jury trial concerning what was then the largest data breach in U.S. history.
- Litigated over a dozen intellectual property, trademark, and software piracy cases as a federal prosecutor, including a successful jury trial involving the counterfeiting of Apple and Samsung products.
- Oversaw, as deputy assistant attorney general for the National Security Division’s appellate section, litigation defending executive order barring certain TikTok and WeChat transactions in the United States under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA).