- Prevailed in arbitration (second chair) representing a leading provider of engineered substrate process technology for the semiconductor industry in a breach of contract dispute. In addition to damages, recovered over $440,000 in attorneys’ fees, which was more than seven times the size of the damages award. Levied debtors’ bank accounts in order to collect judgment.
- Tried breach of lease case (second chair) against a fast-food restaurant franchisee and recovered damages in full as well as attorneys’ fees.
- Defended a multinational marketer, seller and distributor of branded consumer products in a putative consumer class action alleging violations of California’s Consumers Legal Remedies Act and Unfair Competition Law, resulting in dismissal.
- Defended a multinational company in a consumer class action predicated on alleged violations of California’s Invasion of Privacy Act, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Defending a nationally recognized mortgage lender in various actions for fraud, rescission and wrongful foreclosure.
- Member of the onsite incident response team after a content delivery and media technology company experienced a massive data breach; advised the company regarding consumer notice obligations and helped coordinate the company’s statements to vendors, business partners, consumers and the press.
- Represented a multinational, high-end custom home construction company against an involuntary dissolution and claims alleging breach of fiduciary duties.
- Counsel to lenders and loan servicers in reverse mortgage cases.
- Secured a favorable settlement for a student with learning disabilities arising out of a dispute with a public school district.
- Representing an adopted child suffering from severe emotional disturbances in administrative proceedings in an effort to secure additional state and federal benefits.
- Experience in mediations, arbitrations and litigation.
- Experience in California state and federal courts, as well as the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Representative Class Action Experience
- Defended a major manufacturer and distributor in a putative nationwide consumer class action, resulting in dismissal.
- Defended a direct broadcast satellite service provider in a putative nationwide class action for dish installation practices.
- Defended an international automobile manufacturer in consumer class action and products liability multidistrict litigation and state court consolidated proceedings involving over 200 nationwide class actions.