Two hundred and thirteen Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, and 78 firm attorneys have been selected for the second edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.
The Best Lawyers ranking includes 16 attorneys who were named “Lawyer of the Year” and 15 who earned first-year honors. The lawyers span the firm’s nine U.S. offices and represent 68 practice areas.
Named “Lawyer of the Year” are the following Alston & Bird attorneys, who reflect a broad spectrum of experience – from strong up-and-comers to partners capping a long and distinguished career:
- George Abney: Litigation and Controversy - Tax (Atlanta)
- Randall Allen: Bet-the-Company Litigation (Atlanta)
- Blas Arroyo: Litigation - Patent (Charlotte)
- Bert Bender: Real Estate Law (Atlanta)
- Kristy McAlister Brown: Privacy and Data Security Law (Atlanta)
- Keith Broyles: Litigation - Patent (Atlanta)
- Joey Burby: Criminal Defense: White-Collar (Atlanta)
- Michele Glessner: Trademark Law (Charlotte)
- Mark Harris: Securitization and Structured Finance Law (Dallas)
- Patrick Hayden: Securitization and Structured Finance Law (Charlotte)
- Mark Kanaly: Securities / Capital Markets Law (Atlanta)
- Clay Massey: Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants (Atlanta)
- Teri Lynn McMahon: Mergers and Acquisitions Law (Atlanta)
- Chris Roux: Litigation - Construction (Los Angeles)
- Margaret Ward Scott: Trusts and Estates (Atlanta)
- David Teske: Technology Law (Atlanta)
Ranked for the first time in Best Lawyers are the following Alston & Bird attorneys:
- Ashley Brightwell: Litigation - Labor and Employment (Atlanta)
- Dave Brown: Securities / Capital Markets Law (Washington, D.C.)
- Stacie Cargill: Banking and Finance Law (Dallas)
- Jeff Carlin: Litigation - Environmental (Los Angeles)
- Sarah Ernst: Health Care Law (Atlanta)
- Mike Jewesson: Commercial Finance Law (Dallas)
- Mike Kaeding: Commercial Litigation (Raleigh)
- Chris Kelly: Patent Law (Atlanta)
- Alison LeVasseur: Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law (Atlanta)
- Jordan Myers: Banking and Finance Law (Atlanta)
- Paul Nozick: Mergers and Acquisitions Law (Atlanta)
- Drew Phillips: Food and Beverage Law (Atlanta)
- Rick Pilch: Real Estate Law (Atlanta)
- Diane Stanfield: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (Los Angeles)
- Andy Tuck: Commercial Litigation (Atlanta)
Please see here for a complete list of Alston & Bird attorneys recognized in this year’s Best Lawyers.
The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch highlights lawyers who have been in private practice for between five and 10 years. The 78 Alston & Bird attorneys included here span eight U.S. offices and represent 28 practice areas.
See here for a complete list of Alston & Bird attorneys recognized in Ones to Watch.
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers is the world’s oldest peer-review attorney guide. For the 2022 edition, attorneys cast more than 9 million votes on the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same legal practice and geographical region.