Alston & Bird has earned broad recognition in the 2015 edition of Chambers USA, the peer review directory of leading U.S. business lawyers.
The firm achieved National and Band 1 rankings for nine practices, respectively, and National, Band 1, Senior Statesmen, Up & Coming and Associates to Watch rankings for 39 individual lawyers.
In all, Chambers USA recognized Alston & Bird with 24 practice rankings and 83 leading individual lawyer rankings.
Alston & Bird practices ranked Nationally are:
- Energy: Electricity (Regulatory & Litigation)
- ERISA Litigation
- Government: Government Relations
- Health Care
- International Trade
- Privacy & Data Security
- Tax: Corporate & Finance
In addition, nine practices earned a Band 1 ranking:
- Antitrust (Georgia)
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Georgia)
- Corporate/M&A (Georgia)
- Health Care (Georgia)
- Labor & Employment (Georgia)
- Litigation: General Commercial (Georgia)
- Real Estate (Georgia)
- Tax (Georgia)
- Intellectual Property (North Carolina)
Alston & Bird lawyers rated Nationally are:
- Sean A. Atkins (Energy: Electricity – Regulatory & Litigation)
- Jeffrey A. Belkin (Government: Government Contracts)
- Thomas E. Crocker (International Trade: Export Controls & Economic Sanctions)
- Jonathan M. Fee (International Trade: Customs)
- Jason Goode (REITs)
- James A. Harvey (Outsourcing)
- H. Douglas Hinson (ERISA Litigation)
- Kenneth G. Jaffe (Energy: Electricity – Regulatory & Litigation)
- Robert C. Jones (Government: Government Relations)
- Laura S. Pruitt (Financial Services Regulation: Broker Dealer – Compliance)
- Timothy P. Selby (Investment Funds: Hedge Funds)
- Rosemarie A. Thurston (REITs)
- Jamie D. Underwood (International Trade: Intellectual Property – Section 337)
- Kenneth G. Weigel (International Trade: Customs; International Trade: Export Controls & Economic Sanctions)
Alston & Bird lawyers ranked Band 1 are:
- Randall L. Allen (Georgia – Antitrust)
- Rick D. Blumen (Georgia – Banking & Finance)
- Mark T. Calloway (North Carolina – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations)
- John L. Coalson, Jr. (Georgia – Tax)
- Dennis J. Connolly (Georgia – Bankruptcy/Restructuring)
- Paul M. Cushing (Georgia – Banking & Finance)
- Patrick J. Flinn (Georgia – Intellectual Property)
- Kenneth G. Jaffe (Nationwide – Energy: Electricity Regulatory & Litigation)
- Mark C. Kanaly (Georgia – Banking & Finance: Mainly Regulatory)
- Sam K. Kaywood, Jr. (Georgia – Tax)
- Michael T. Petrik (Georgia – Tax)
- Mark C. Rusche (Georgia – Real Estate)
- Eileen M.G. Scofield (Georgia – Immigration)
- John I. Spangler, III (Georgia – Construction)
- Grant T. Stein (Georgia – Bankruptcy/Restructuring)
- John C. Weitnauer (Georgia – Bankruptcy/Restructuring)
- Benjamin T. White (Georgia – Tax)
Additional Alston & Bird lawyers recognized as leading individuals by Chambers USA are:
- Debra D. Bernstein (Georgia – Antitrust), Peter K. Floyd (Georgia – Energy), Jason Goode (Nationwide – REITs), William S. Sugden (Georgia – Bankruptcy/Restructuring), Jonathan E. Wells (Georgia – Environment) and David A. Wender (Georgia – Bankruptcy/Restructuring), who were recognized as Up & Coming lawyers.
- Kyle G. Healy (Georgia – Corporate/M&A), who was recognized as an Associate to Watch and who was elected partner in 2015.
- J. Thomas Kilpatrick (Georgia – Labor & Employment), who earned the distinction of Senior Statesman.
Since 1999, Chambers & Partners has been researching the U.S. legal profession, identifying the leading lawyers and law firms. Chambers USA 2015's rankings are determined through interviews with thousands of lawyers and their clients nationally. The results are audited independently and are based on a range of professional qualities most valued by clients.
Click here to see the complete list of our ranked attorneys by practice group. To view the profiles of all the listed lawyers, please click on the individual’s name to the right.